- Conduct in-depth governance practice analysis across sectors including financial statements, executive pay practices, corporate events and activities.
- Collect governance information from disclosures, as well as other sources and write relevant news alerts.
- Provide relevant market assessment, industry, trends and factors, which affect governance practices, corporate board and investors’ risk management, engagement and decision-making process.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the universe covered.
- Collaborate with team on client requests and projects.
- Use key insights and data to write thought leadership articles.
- Performs additional duties as need arises.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business and/or Economics or relevant field.
- Knowledge of global financial markets and an affinity for good corporate governance.
- Experience in corporate governance research
- Strong data management and analytical skills with a passion for research, including the ability to discern detailed documents and analyse annual reports including financial statements.
- Strong writing and verbal skills including the ability to organize, interpret, and summarize large amounts of information into concise and simple text.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, make decisions and handle a high workload volume at a rapid pace.
- Ability to identify and assess key drivers and trends for governance practices.
- Eager to learn and willing to go the extra miles to achieve this.
- Excels in a team environment – proactive, collaborative and collegial.
- Strong communication skills, flexible, driven and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent practical knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Advanced English language skills are required and preferably another language.
What we offerWe offer a great entrepreneurial working environment, where you can make a real impact and difference. We don’t operate in a hierarchy and truly value our people as they are critical for the success of our business. We put the customer at the heart of our business, making their decision-making much easier! We are dedicated to innovation, teamwork and encourage our people to think big, be decisive, focus on excellence and to act courageously.
- Gathering financial information, corporate governance and executive pay analytics from various listed companies across leading equity indexes
- Writing powerful company analysis and reports
- Analyse company disclosures, market research reports and global market news
- Deliver research presentations to management and research team
- Work on thought leadership articles for publication purposes
- The opportunity to use our expansive database for writing your thesis
What we are looking forFinance & economics students, with knowledge of global financial markets and corporate governance. The internship is for 40 hours a week, 6 months.
RequirementsYou have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy and have the ability to create insight from big data. You are able to make decisions, work independently with tight deadlines and under pressure. You are flexible, proactive and have a positive, down to earth attitude. Advanced English language skills are required and preferably Dutch and another language.
What we offerYou will be part of a highly experienced and dynamic team, based in Amsterdam. We offer a great flexible working environment where you can make a real impact and difference.
Information Technology Intern
What we are looking for
- Affinity with IT and financial services
- Experience in programming and automated testing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Numeric and analytical skills
- Adept at solving problems, making decisions and be able to work independently with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible, proactive approach and a positive, down to earth attitude
- Knowledge of PHPunit (pré)
What we offer
What we are looking forYou will perform a wide variety of tasks from 100% new development to bug fixes and maintenance. You’ll work on improving the richness and the capabilities of our platform, to support the growing feature set of our platform DirectorInsight, and deliver a greater user experience to our customers. You’ll work on tackling interesting technical challenges such as dashboards, data reshaping, etc.
- Experience: PHP, MySQL, Computational experience with software framework and familiar with Laravel.
- Passionate: You love coding, solving complex problems and building easy to use user interfaces.
- Characteristics: You are accurate, creative, a real team player, proactive and down to earth. You are able to work independently, with tight deadlines and understand what it takes to write software that is robust.
What we offerWe offer a great, entrepreneurial, flexible working environment where you can make a real impact and difference. You will be part of a highly energetic, experienced and dynamic team, based in Amsterdam.
- Perform research into our clients’ industries and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding our reach
- Draft, distribute and pitch marketing campaigns
- Review company social media activities and recommend enhancements to cross-platform content strategies
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and capitalize on those trends through social media
What we are looking forWe are currently looking for marketing students, with knowledge of B2B and business marketing. The internship is for 40 hours a week, 8-10 months.
- Flexible, creative and proactive approach and a positive, down to earth attitude
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Experience in sales/marketing and project management
- Adept at solving problems, making decisions and be able to work independently with tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Highly motivated and hands-on mentality
What we offerYou will be part of a highly experienced and dynamic team, based in Amsterdam. We offer a great flexible working environment where you can make a real impact and difference. This internship can be combined with writing a thesis at DirectorInsight.
We are constantly looking for emerging talent & professionals aspiring a career in finance, corporate governance and software development. Our people are exceptionally bright, intellectually curious, have an entrepreneurial drive and are passionate about their job. We offer a great working environment where you can make a real impact and difference
Looking to take the next steps with your career? Please send us your resume and contact details and we will contact you.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet our requirements and are up to a challenging assignment, please submit your resume and motivation to: